What Is The “Last Page First” Journaling Technique?
Want to see magic unfold in your life?
The “last page first” journaling technique is a powerful way to set intentions and manifest the life you want. To begin, turn to the last page of your journal and start writing about how you want your life to look by the time you reach that page. Imagine that you are writing from the perspective of someone who has already achieved the goals and experiences you desire. This is also known as scripting.
As you write, be as specific and descriptive as possible. Include details about your career, relationships, personal growth, and any other areas of your life that are important to you. Write about the feelings, experiences, and achievements that you want to have. The more vivid and detailed your writing is, the more likely it is to become a reality.
What is Scripting? Scripting refers to the act of writing down specific details about a desired outcome or scenario. In the context of journaling, scripting involves writing about your desired future as if it has already happened, in order to manifest your goals and make them a reality.
An easy prompt to get your thoughts flowing is to simply ask on your last page, “What does your life look like now that you’ve reached this page?”
There are many different things that you can script about on your last page. Some examples might include:
- Career goals and aspirations
- Desired financial situation
- Relationships and social connections
- Physical health and wellness
- Personal growth and development
- Creative pursuits and hobbies
- Travel and adventure goals
- Home and living situation
- Spiritual growth and connection to a higher power
Reminders While Scripting
When you are scripting, there are three reminders you should always keep in mind:
- Speak in first person, present tense: write as if it already your reality. For example, “I AM making $10K per month. I AM fully booked every week with clients.”
- Be as specific as you can: Use numbers or benchmarks that are tangible. Try not to be vague and write sentences like, “I am successful.” What does successful even mean? For some people, $100 per week is successful – others, $10,000 is considered successful. The Universe won’t know how to deliver success to you if you don’t provide details. It helps you gain clarity and work toward your goals in a logical, yet magical, way.
- Avoid using “NOT” statements: Do not use the word “not” when you’re scripting, because you’ll end up manifesting exactly what it is you DON’T want. The thing is, the Universe/subconscious mind doesn’t process the word “not.” Think if I tell you, “Don’t think about hot chocolate.” Did you think about hot chocolate just now?! Yuuuup. So use positive statements only! Instead of saying, “I will not be in debt or become debt-free” (you’ll manifest more debt), say, “I am making [insert financial goal here], which covers all of my bills and allows me to save X amount of money each money, and pay for 2 vacations per year.”
By using positive, present-tense statements with a lot of details, you’re just going to manifest your desires that much faster!
How This Technique Helps
By writing about your desired future in this way, you are effectively scripting how you want your life to unfold. This process can help to plant the seeds of your goals in your subconscious mind, and over time, they may start to manifest in your life. As you continue to journal and revisit these intentions, you may find that your life starts to align with your written vision.
I can’t believe how many times I’ve scripted how I want my life to look, and sure enough, time passes and these visions became real. Most of the time, we even forget what we scripted or dreamt of, but don’t worry – your subconscious mind never forgets. Our subconscious mind navigates our lives without us even realizing it. And before you know it, you reach the last page and voila! That life you had dreamt of weeks/months/years ago has come into fruition. True magic.
Before You Manifest, You Need Clarity
In addition to helping you manifest your goals, the “last page first” journaling technique can also be a great way to get clarity on what you truly want in life. By writing about your desired future, you may discover new insights and ideas that you hadn’t considered before. So if you’re looking to set intentions and manifest a life that aligns with your values and desires, give the “last page first” journaling technique a try!
🪄 Remember, the key is to be specific and descriptive when writing about your desired outcomes. The more detail you include, the more likely it is that your goals will manifest in your life.
My Personal Proof Of The “Last Page First” Technique
Check out my YouTube video where I share my last page of my journal and how this technique has worked in my life!
Full Transparency: I recorded this video back in 2020, and at the time, my business name was “Realidreamers.” It’s wild to look back on this and see how far my business has come. It’s now a full-fledged business, complete with a new name and many more offerings! But at the heart, it has always been rooted in magic. What a ride… ✨
Want To Keep The Magic Flowing?
Receive magic in your inbox every Monday! Each week, I share a creative, practical ‘magic trick’ that will make your days brighter. By joining, you’ll also gain access to the Magic Monday Archive, filled with all previous magic tricks, resources, & goodies!
Original Post Date: June 10, 2020